The past couple of weeks have been super busy and filled with holiday fun! (and lots of homework but we'll avoid that subject for the time being...)
Being on Thanksgiving break was nice and it was fun to be able to spend some quality time with people that I care about. My sister in law was able to fly up for a few days from Southern California and spent the holidays with all of us. We picked her up from the airport and headed to Denny's where we decided to have a little dance party in the parking lot. The next day we had Thanksgiving dinner with some more amazing people and then prepared ourselves for some BFM aka Black Friday Madness!
Now, I'm truly a shopaholic and I love getting a good deal. So I looked online weeks before Black Friday to scope out what good deals I could find. My main goal was a play kitchen for the little one that was on sale for $50 at Walmart! Considering the same item was $120 on Amazon, I was quite excited. Plus my husband and sister in laws love the cheap dvds so they were all down to go. We live close enough to one Walmart but the parking lot was so completely packed that we ended up having to drive to another one. The next day we learned that the first one we went to had a robbery and shooting so quite frankly I'm glad the parking lot was filled! (In case you don't believe me... Walmart shooting). The second one we went to was pretty packed too and we spent 1 1/2 hours in the store, most of which was waiting in line. But I did get the play kitchen! =)
(Sooo excited to set this up for my little princess on Christmas Eve. Just call me Santa's helper!)
Friday we were able to cross one more item off my bucket list and I went wine tasting for the first time. It was also the husband's first time too so that made it even more exciting. My sister in law's best friend owns a beautiful winery in Sonoma County called Kunde. We were able to taste quite a few different types of white and red wines and were able to walk around the property a bit. The views are stunning and if I had the chance to get remarried I would definitely consider doing it at a winery! After going here, I am totally thinking about taking a wine appreciation class. Too bad they don't offer them at my school!
I'm totally in the holiday spirit now. I love driving around and seeing people picking up Christmas trees and all the decorations that are already being put out. The husband wants to wait until next week to get our Christmas tree unfortunately, so I guess I will just have to be patient until then.
(Me and the little darlin on Thanksgiving)
(She gives the best group hugs ever!)

(Her new BFF, Lucy the dog)

(Husband and I at Kunde)
(Part of our group aka my other family)
(Birdhouse on a hill at Kunde)
We have so many more fun and exciting things coming up in the next couple of weeks so I will try to update more often! =)
I hope everyone else had a fantastic holiday with the people they love!



